Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – August 26, 2021
New Map: Malevento
- Our newest Free-For-All Map is Malevento, a peaceful Italian hilltop town with a cursed past!
- Battle along the cliff's edge for dominance of the majestic Duomo di Malevento. Circle your opponents beneath the mournful stone eyes of Caterina Pastore, a Renaissance painter with a tragic past, or plot the downfall of your enemies in the mysterious safe house.
- Will you find victory in these twisting streets, or will the curse of Malevento claim you too?
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – August 17, 2021
- Fixed bug where similar text characters in game codes wouldn't be treated as the same
- Fixed bug where Author name would sometimes not properly load
- Fixed issue where some error text would not display properly
- Fixed issue where Author level wouldn't always show properly on the Popular tab
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – August 12, 2021
New Custom Game Browser Tabs
- All Games
New Custom Game Setting
- Mode Name
Previously, it was difficult for players to keep track of the ever-growing collection of player-created game modes. The Custom Game Browser’s new tabs give these modes a chance to shine. The Popular tab shows off some of the most-played modes as well as modes that have started to trend. The Favorites tab lets you build a personal collection of modes -- just select the star icon next to any mode you’d like to see in this list. The Recent tab shows modes that you have recently played. Finally, the All Games tab gives you the standard, familiar list of lobbies. We've also added the ability to search for lobbies by share code.
In order to help identify modes, we’ve added a new Mode Name setting right above the Description in Custom Game Settings. This Mode Name will be used to represent modes in the Custom Game Browser tabs. Creators are encouraged to reupload their modes with Mode Name filled out. (If it isn’t filled out, the share code itself is displayed instead.)
Since these new features are being used by the public for the first time, we may need to make adjustments to how the Popular tab chooses its modes. If you notice that the Popular tab isn’t showing the modes that you might expect, please be patient with us as we tune the feature to present the best collection of modes that we can.
We’re excited about the possibilities these new features will bring to Custom Games, and we’ll be watching and listening to your feedback to improve the Custom Game Browser experience.
- Fixed a bug with her Kneel emote that caused her eyes to not animate properly
- Fixed a bug that caused the player camera to briefly appear in unplayable space when traveling through her teleporter
PTR Patch Notes
Upcoming heroes and maps are tested on the Public Test Region (PTR) before official launch (PC only).