Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – July 30, 2020
- Damage decreased from 30 to 28
- Recovery increased from 0.65 to 0.75
Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – July 23, 2020
- Audio volume and distance have been reduced for an enemy Echo's passive hover sound
- Audio directionality improvements have been made for an enemy Echo's hover and tri-shot weapon fire sounds
After the initial release for Echo, we made some audio-level changes to address concerns that Echo was too quiet in combat. Those changes increased the enemy Echo's volume and also increased the distance at which the hero could be heard pertaining to her passive hover. After more feedback, we feel like those initial attempts to adjust Echo were too drastic. In this patch, re-adjustments were made to lower enemy Echo's passive hover sound in volume slightly, and reign in the distance at which the sound is heard to have more consistency with other Hero footsteps in the Overwatch roster. Additional adjustments were made to both the enemy echo passive hover sound and tri-shot weapon fire sounds to help pinpoint directionality.
- Fixed a bug that displayed player presence as being in the Arcade while playing a Competitive Open Queue match
- Fixed a bug with the end of match and end of season UI displaying incorrect values for your career high SR
- Fixed a bug in custom games that caused forward spawn rooms to be active for players on Deathmatch maps such as Temple of Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya
- Fixed a bug that could cause continuous armor decay for heroes with inherent armor when receiving multiple Repair Pack charges
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could hit an enemy much faster than intended with Roll Damage
Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – July 14, 2020
Sigma's Maestro Challenge
Get ready for Sigma’s Maestro Challenge and some special, unlockable in-game content! Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, Arcade, or Experimental will earn you a themed player icon, a legendary emote, and a legendary skin: Maestro Sigma!
Tune in to Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch any time through July 27th to earn a total of 6 Sigma’s Maestro Challenge sprays!
To learn more about Sigma’s Maestro Challenge, head to the Overwatch website.
New Soundtrack: Overwatch Cities & Countries
The Overwatch: Cities & Countries soundtrack is now available, featuring music from the maps of Overwatch! Find the album across several popular music streaming platforms today*. For more details see the Overwatch website or check out the QR code on the main menu.
*Streaming platform availability may vary by region.
The Career Profile page has been redesigned to provide a better, more streamlined experience when viewing player profiles. Aside from the brand new look, we’ve also added some new quality-of-life features:
- Game mode play time has been added to the overview section, so you can see exactly how much time you’ve spent in modes like Competitive Play or any of the community’s creative Workshop modes
- Statistics are displayed in a tabular format, separated by “Average/10 min”, “Best”, “Total”, providing a cleaner, more readable view
- In-game achievements are grouped by category, and can be filtered by what you’ve earned and have yet to unlock
- Player Icons are now grouped by category and can be filtered by hero and owned status
- Capture the Flag in-game achievements have been moved to the Maps category
- Added additional playback languages for Echo’s Duplicate ability video
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused 1P and 3P spectating to not function
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused the Defeat screen to display for the winning team
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode not adding Replays for players within the match
- Fixed a bug that caused Echo's primary fire sound to play too loudly when using the "No Ammunition Requirement" setting
- Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused the Deathmatch announcer voice line to incorrectly state total kills remaining if the game mode was set to a custom score
- Fixed a bug with incorrect team colors displaying for the winning team after a match concludes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the jump landing sound effect to play if holding down the jump keybind
- Fixed a bug in Tutorial that caused training bots to not display their health bars
- Fixed a bug with the Role Select screen not appearing properly on multiple main menu screens for non-group leaders
- Fixed a bug in Capture the Flag that caused the contesting sound effect to not change in pitch based on the flag's proximity to the capture point
- Fixed a bug where the Viper can clip through the camera if Ashe is jumping and firing while aiming down her sights
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to scale a wall in Junkertown when using an emote
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Micro Missiles were not being affected by damage boost abilities
- Fixed a bug with the Deflect sound effect not matching the duration of the ability
- Fixed a bug that would cause Genji to take projectile damage during a Deflect if too close to an enemy
- Fixed a bug with Sonic Arrow not giving vision through walls when deflected by Genji
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could use Grappling Claw without transitioning into ball form
- Fixed a bug with Minefield where some mines could become stuck inside terrain on Temple of Anubis
Live Patch Notes
These patch notes represent general changes made to the Live version of Overwatch and the balance changes listed affect Quick Play, Competitive Play, Arcade, and Custom Games.